Carl W. Yerty
opened Yerty Auto Service, Inc.
as a small,
3-stall body shop in Brooks Mills, PA
in 1948. In 1954,
Carl acquired a salvage yard and moved “Yerty's” to the current location along Route 36 just
the next 55 years, the business progressed into a used auto parts dealer as
well as maintaining body and mechanical shops
purchasing surrounding parcels of land to expand the blossoming business. In 2003, an electrical fire destroyed the
main office building along with the mechanical and body shops. Within a year, a new state-of-the-art office building
was constructed and Yerty Auto
resumed normal operations. Yerty’s now has over 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor warehousing
storage of previously dismantled quality used auto parts. For over 65 years, Yerty Auto Service, Inc.
has become a trustworthy name
and one of
the top dealers of quality, used auto parts in Central Pennsylvania, as well as
providing automotive services for the surrounding communities. Yerty’s prides
itself on quality, customer service, and technical expertise to value
the customer and provide affordable used auto parts and vehicle service.